Ever needed to get your hands on a new Guid without having to start up a new project and all of that? Well, there are two easy ways to go about it:
1. use LinqPad
LinqPad is a FREE code snippet editor for C#, developed by Joe Albahari (one of the authors of the C# in a Nutshell books), and can be installed or run as a standalone executable. You can easily write a few lines of code like this and just grab the new Guid from the output window:
var newGuid = Guid.NewGuid(); newGuid.Dump();
2. use Visual Studio’s build-in tool
There’s a little build-in tool in Visual Studio which you can use to create a new Guid, go to Tools -> Create GUID.
In the new window, just copy your new 32 digit Guid from the Result box, and if you don’t like it for whatever, you have the option to create another one by clicking the ‘New GUID’ button.
I specialise in rapidly transitioning teams to serverless and building production-ready services on AWS.
Are you struggling with serverless or need guidance on best practices? Do you want someone to review your architecture and help you avoid costly mistakes down the line? Whatever the case, I’m here to help.
Check out my new course, Complete Guide to AWS Step Functions. In this course, we’ll cover everything you need to know to use AWS Step Functions service effectively. Including basic concepts, HTTP and event triggers, activities, callbacks, nested workflows, design patterns and best practices.
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong