CREATE YOUR SERVERLESS SUCCESS STORY
Do you find you have amazing product ideas but nothing is moving?
Are you worried that competitors are out-innovating you?
Are you struggling in your transition to serverless? Or maybe you don’t know if you’re doing it right, or how to do it better?
Don’t worry, I’m here to help :-)
For CXOs: strategic directions and market trends.
For teams: architecture reviews and best practices on CI/CD, security, scalability, performance and cost.
For everyone: unbiased, no-BS advice from one of the most respected engineers in the serverless space.
Go from zero to knowing how to build production-ready serverless applications in 2 days with my hands-on workshop.
A detailed curriculum is available here.
Working and pairing with you to achieve your desired business outcome.
Maybe you want to improve feature velocity or make your system more robust and scalable.
Or maybe you want to cut down on your AWS bill or build a proof-of-concept using a new AWS service.
Start on the right foot
Why fix problems later when you can get it right the first time?
|Engagement: 2 weeks|
- Engage for a continuous block of 2 weeks.
- Identify systems that are a good fit for serverless.
- Run a hands-on workshop to get teams up to speed on best practices and common architecture patterns.
- Pair with a team to implement a POC or migrate their first service to set a good example for other teams to follow.
- Pair with the teams to build out templates and tooling as necessary.
Ask for help when you need it.
|Engagement: 5 or 10 days in total|
- Reserve a number of days upfront and use them as you see fit.
- Adhoc consultation and architecture reviews.
- On-site or remote pairing to accelerate implementation and troubleshooting.
Teamwork makes the dream work
For those with an appetite for fast & reliable outcomes, from a TEAM with a proven track record.
|Engagement: tailored to deliver the outcome you want|
- NOTE: this engagement is with both me and my team, not just myself.
- We (a team of 4) will bring you over a decade of experience of building reliable and scalable systems on AWS.
- We worked together previously and migrated a social network to serverless in 6 months.
- We will help you accelerate the delivery of the product or feature.
- We will put in place a strong foundation for future work to be built upon.
- We will ensure best practices are applied from the start and that the work is done right.
- We will document architecture decisions so they can be reviewed and challenged when requirements change in the future.
- We will ensure our work is well tested and automated as much as possible.
- We will train your engineers on the job and pair with them to ensure they can thrive even after we leave.
I have been fortunate to work with some of the best and brightest people out there.
My clients come from all around the world, and span across a diverse range of industries, from finance, e-commerce, automobile to public services.
TotallyMoney, a leading FinTech company in the UK, is using serverless technologies to help improve the UK’s credit score.
InDebted is revolutionizing the debt collection industry in Australia, and is doing it with a serverless-first mindset.
WHO AM I?
I have run production workloads at scale in AWS since 2009 and have a track record of improving businesses with technology. For instance, I lead a small team that transformed a social network to run almost entirely on serverless in 6 months. We addressed the technical debt we inherited and added lots of new features along the way. We went from 4-6 production releases a month to averaging 80 a month. Feature delivery was reduced from months to days, and sometimes even hours. Along the way, the system also became more scalable, resilient and over 90% cheaper to run.
Before transitioning to consulting, I have worked as a principal engineer or architect within a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, social networks to mobile gaming. I’m also a prolific writer, trainer, speaker, and regular contributor to many open-source projects. For my contributions towards the AWS community, AWS has recognised me as an AWS Serverless Hero since 2018.
READY TO GO?
Tell me about your project and let’s explore the possibilities.