Description for today’s challenge is here.
Another nice and simple challenge whose solution fits nicely into 20 lines, so here goes:
If you have been following this series of posts on this blog, then you’ll have seen something similar to this code in previous challenges already. Couple of subtle points to note here:
- we only yield a combination if the total volume of the containers matches the total (could have done the filtering after the fact, AFAIK there’s no significant performance difference in both approaches);
- we’re using a depth-first approach here – yield the combinations without the current container first, then only yield combinations with this container if it wouldn’t take us over the 150 litre limit
The combination-finding code stays the same, we just need to filter the combos after the fact by length:
I specialise in rapidly transitioning teams to serverless and building production-ready services on AWS.
Are you struggling with serverless or need guidance on best practices? Do you want someone to review your architecture and help you avoid costly mistakes down the line? Whatever the case, I’m here to help.
Check out my new course, Complete Guide to AWS Step Functions. In this course, we’ll cover everything you need to know to use AWS Step Functions service effectively. Including basic concepts, HTTP and event triggers, activities, callbacks, nested workflows, design patterns and best practices.
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong