Hi, here’s a quick round-up of everything I have done in September 2023.
The first two episodes of this new format are available already:
- #82 – Big things are coming Lambda Powertools [Heitor Lessa]
- #83 – Unpacking Google’s latest AI announcements [Gerard Sans]
The next episode with Charity Majors is airing on Oct 3rd on YouTube:
I published three new blog posts.
- Step Functions: combine Standard and Express workflows for fun & profit
- Static IP for Lambda: ingress, egress and bypassing the dreaded NAT Gateway
- Is Bun the Next Big Thing for AWS Lambda? A Thorough Investigation
I published a whopping 12 videos in September as I continued to learn about the YouTube format and experiment with thumbnail designs. YouTube will continue to be a focus for me in the coming months.
- AWS Lambda: Ultimate Guide to Error Handling
- AWS Lambda: How to use static IP address for egress
- Serverless Testing: A Crash Course
- What is AWS Step Functions? An in-depth overview
- How to test Amazon API Gateway APIs
- AWS Lambda vs AWS Step Functions, an in-depth comparison
- Choreography vs Orchestration for serverless applications
- API Gateway: Why you should use Service Proxies
- AWS Lambda: Why you should stop using DLQs, use Destinations instead
- Why testing Step Functions is HARD & How I tackle it
- AWS Lambda: how to be a GOOD citizen and NOT BREAK downstream systems
- How to load test serverless applications like a PRO
If you like the topics I cover in these videos then please subscribe to my channel and never miss a thing.
The next cohort of my Production-Ready Serverless workshop is starting on Monday, October 2nd. Registration closes on Friday, October 6th at 23:59PM UTC.
This is the most comprehensive and up-to-date training for building real-world serverless applications. If you are looking for a true end-to-end guide that walks you through everything you need to know about building serverless applications then this is the one for you.
If you sign up right now, you will also get access to my latest course “Testing Serverless Architectures” for FREE. This offer is expiring soon and it’s not coming back. If you want to level up your serverless skills with this great 2-for-1 offer, this is your last chance to get it.
New affiliate program
I have been searching for a new affiliate tracking system for my paid courses & workshops. But all the commercial affiliate tracking software (like Post Affiliate Pro) are quite pricey… so I ended up implementing one myself. It turned out to be surprisingly easy.
Maybe that’s a topic for another blog post if anyone is interested.
If my content is of interest to your community, then why not join my new affiliate program and earn 50% commission on your referrals. Here are my current crop of courses and workshops:
If you’re interested, then email me at email@example.com.
I spoke at a few events in September, both in-person and virtually:
- Spoke about serverless testing at the Gothenburg Serverless user group
- Ran a half-day EDA workshop with Lumigo and Aleios
- Spoke about serverless databases in a webinar with Lumigo and Serverless Guru
Looking ahead to October
I will be speaking about serverless testing with Serverless Boston and Serverless NYC user groups on October 4th. It’s a virtual event, and you’re welcome to join us here. And I’ve got some more cracking content lined up for you!
Hope to see you around :-)