Just a quick note to mention that I will be speaking to local user groups about Aspect Oriented Programming next month:
- Nov 16th – The Developers Group http://LNK.by/fimbc
- Nov 17th – NxtGenUG Southampton http://LNK.by/fimbb
The session will offer you a high-level overview of AOP and give you some ideas on how it might help you write cleaner, more reusable code. I’ll be including plenty of code demos, the more involved of which will be in PostSharp given that most of my experience of AOP is through PostSharp, but there will also be examples of AOP using dynamic interceptors and higher-order functions in F#, etc.
Anyway, hope to see you there, do come and grab me to say hi.
I’m an AWS Serverless Hero and the author of Production-Ready Serverless. I have run production workload at scale in AWS for nearly 10 years and I have been an architect or principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. I currently work as an independent consultant focused on AWS and serverless.
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong