To install Erlang on your Mac, follow these simple steps:
- download the latest source file from the official Erlang site here.
- open the Terminal
- go to the folder where you’ve saved the .gz source file
- run the following command: tar –xzf otp_src_R15B01.tar.gz (replace the filename with the name of the file you’ve downloaded)
- then go into the unzipped folder in the Terminal, e.g. cd otp_src_R15B01
- type in ./configure
- then make
- and finally sudo make install
voila, you’re done!
1 thought on “Install Erlang on a Mac”
An alternative is to go to the Erlang Solutions site and download a pre-compiled version for Mac, and other OSs, http://www.erlang-solutions.com/section/132/download-erlang-otp .