To install Erlang on your Mac, follow these simple steps:
- download the latest source file from the official Erlang site here.
- open the Terminal
- go to the folder where you’ve saved the .gz source file
- run the following command: tar –xzf otp_src_R15B01.tar.gz (replace the filename with the name of the file you’ve downloaded)
- then go into the unzipped folder in the Terminal, e.g. cd otp_src_R15B01
- type in ./configure
- then make
- and finally sudo make install
voila, you’re done!
Subscribe to my newsletter and get new contents delivered straight to your inbox :-)