Hi, just a quick to say that my talk with .Net Rocks is now available on their web site. In this talk I shared some insights into how F# is used in our stack to help us build the backend for our social games, specifically in the areas of:
- implementation of a slots engine which powers our social slots games
- use of MailboxProcessor to implement software components with high concurrency requirement using the Actor programming model
- implementation of a SQL-like external DSL for Amazon DynamoDB
- implementation of an intuitive workflow modelling API for Amazon SimpleWorkflow
I’m an AWS Serverless Hero and the author of Production-Ready Serverless. I have run production workload at scale in AWS for nearly 10 years and I have been an architect or principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. I currently work as an independent consultant focused on AWS and serverless.
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong