Hey guys, just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that I have recently joined JUST EAT as a Principle Engineer, since some of you have been asking on LinkedIn and at conferences.
For those of you based in UK and Europe you might have heard of us – we are the leaders in the online food delivery space, and have been expanding rapidly in the last couple of years. In fact, we’re still actively looking for talented .Net developers to join us, and if you have experience with Xamarin then we definitely wanna hear from you! Check out our jobs page.
As a company, JUST EAT is very technology focused and amongst many perks everyone is entitled to a budget of £1000 + 5 days for training/conferences a year. And we also host many meetup events in our office near City Thameslink.
Keep an eye on our tech blog and github repo to see what we’re up to. A few of us will also be attending BuildStuff this week so feel free to come talk to us. I’ll be giving a new talk on 7 Ineffective Coding Habits Many F# Programmers Don’t Have, as well as an introductory talk on Elm (with plenty of live coding), so hope to see you in Vilnius!
I specialise in rapidly transitioning teams to serverless and building production-ready services on AWS.
Are you struggling with serverless or need guidance on best practices? Do you want someone to review your architecture and help you avoid costly mistakes down the line? Whatever the case, I’m here to help.
Check out my new course, Complete Guide to AWS Step Functions. In this course, we’ll cover everything you need to know to use AWS Step Functions service effectively. Including basic concepts, HTTP and event triggers, activities, callbacks, nested workflows, design patterns and best practices.
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong