Hi, just a quick update on two of my libraries aimed at making AWS easier to work with from .Net.
DynamoDB.SQL is a SQL-like external DSL for querying & scanning data in Amazon DynamoDB. Version 3.0.0 has been released, which moves away from the monolithic .Net AWSSDK (v2.x.x), and onto the DynamoDB specific package.
You can continue to use v2.x packages for DynamoDB.SQL, I’ll apply any bug fixes to both v2.x and v3.x packages. However, any new features in the future – such as support for the mid-level Table abstractions in the AWSSDK – will be added to v3.x only.
Over the coming weeks and months, I’ll continue the effort to migrate my fleet of AWS-related tools and libraries to the service-specific packages.
Courtesy of Dustin’s PR, version 0.3.0 has been released which adds synchronous methods for pushing events to Kinesis (so that services that aren’t ready to go async all the way can still integrate with Kinesis using Darkseid).
That’s it, folks, hope you all had a nice weekend. If you haven’t seen Deadpool yet, you should, it is amazing
I’m an AWS Serverless Hero and the author of Production-Ready Serverless. I have run production workload at scale in AWS for nearly 10 years and I have been an architect or principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. I currently work as an independent consultant focused on AWS and serverless.
Come learn about operational BEST PRACTICES for AWS Lambda: CI/CD, testing & debugging functions locally, logging, monitoring, distributed tracing, canary deployments, config management, authentication & authorization, VPC, security, error handling, and more.
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong