Check out my new course Learn you some Lambda best practice for great good! and learn the best practices for performance, cost, security, resilience, observability and scalability.
ps. look out for all my other solutions for Advent of Code challenges here.
See details of the challenge here.
The input for today’s challenge looks like this:
cpy 1 a
cpy 1 b
cpy 26 d
jnz c 2
jnz 1 5
cpy 7 c
As you head down the fire escape to the monorail, you notice it didn’t start;
register c needs to be initialized to the position of the ignition key.
If you instead initialize register c to be 1, what value is now left in register a?
because of the work we did in part 1, part 2 is a simple one liner:
let part2 = (execute [ “c”, 1 ] inputs).[“a”]
- Day 12 challenge description
- Advent of Code 2015
- Solution for Day 11
- Solution for 2015 Day 23
- All my F# solutions for Advent of Code
- Github repo
I specialise in rapidly transitioning teams to serverless and building production-ready services on AWS.
Are you struggling with serverless or need guidance on best practices? Do you want someone to review your architecture and help you avoid costly mistakes down the line? Whatever the case, I’m here to help.
Check out my new course, Learn you some Lambda best practice for great good! In this course, you will learn best practices for working with AWS Lambda in terms of performance, cost, security, scalability, resilience and observability. Enrol now and enjoy a special preorder price of £9.99 (~$13).
Are you working with Serverless and looking for expert training to level-up your skills? Or are you looking for a solid foundation to start from? Look no further, register for my Production-Ready Serverless workshop to learn how to build production-grade Serverless applications!
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong