ps. look out for all my other solutions for Advent of Code challenges here.
See details of the challenge here.
The input for today’s challenge looks like this:
cpy 1 a
cpy 1 b
cpy 26 d
jnz c 2
jnz 1 5
cpy 7 c
As you head down the fire escape to the monorail, you notice it didn’t start;
register c needs to be initialized to the position of the ignition key.
If you instead initialize register c to be 1, what value is now left in register a?
because of the work we did in part 1, part 2 is a simple one liner:
let part2 = (execute [ “c”, 1 ] inputs).[“a”]
- Day 12 challenge description
- Advent of Code 2015
- Solution for Day 11
- Solution for 2015 Day 23
- All my F# solutions for Advent of Code
- Github repo
I’m an AWS Serverless Hero and the author of Production-Ready Serverless. I have run production workload at scale in AWS for nearly 10 years and I have been an architect or principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. I currently work as an independent consultant focused on AWS and serverless.
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong