ps. look out for all my other solutions for Advent of Code challenges here.
See details of the challenge here.
The input for today’s challenge looks like this:
cpy 1 a
cpy 1 b
cpy 26 d
jnz c 2
jnz 1 5
cpy 7 c
As you head down the fire escape to the monorail, you notice it didn’t start;
register c needs to be initialized to the position of the ignition key.
If you instead initialize register c to be 1, what value is now left in register a?
because of the work we did in part 1, part 2 is a simple one liner:
let part2 = (execute [ “c”, 1 ] inputs).[“a”]
- Day 12 challenge description
- Advent of Code 2015
- Solution for Day 11
- Solution for 2015 Day 23
- All my F# solutions for Advent of Code
- Github repo
Enjoy what you’re reading? Subscribe to my newsletter and get more content on AWS and serverless technologies delivered straight to your inbox.
I’m an AWS Serverless Hero and the author of Production-Ready Serverless. I have run production workload at scale in AWS for nearly 10 years and I have been an architect or principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. I currently work as an independent consultant focused on AWS and serverless.
In this course, we’ll cover everything you need to know to use AWS Step Functions service effectively. Including basic concepts, HTTP and event triggers, activities, design patterns and best practices.
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong