Another common problem I see during my preparation for technical interviews is the Level Order Tree Traversal (or Breadth-First) problem.
I always like to think with my F# hat on when I solve algorithm problem, so here’s an implementation in F# .
Here we have a nested recursive loop function that:
- yields the value from the nodes on the current level
- then find all the children of the nodes on the current level and recurse with them
Try it Yourself
- GeeksForGeeks article on Level Order Tree Traversal
- Interview question on CareerCup A
- Interview question on CareerCup B
- DotNetFiddle snippet
- All my Project Euler solutions in F#
- All my Advent of Code solutions in F#
2 thoughts on “Level Order Tree Traversal in F#”
Pingback: Implementing a BST in F# | theburningmonk.com
Pingback: Advent of Code F# – Day 22 | theburningmonk.com