Hi, welcome to another weekly update!
MEAP update for Production-Ready Serverless
We have released 4 new videos on my video course Production-Ready Serverless!
- Lambda retry behaviours
- Hard and soft limits for Lambda
- Other service limits
- How to request a soft limit raise
Remember, whilst the course is still in the MEAP, you can get 40% off the face price using the code ytcui.
I have also turned this course into a classroom setting, so if you’re interested in having me run this as a workshop in your company, then drop me a line via the Contact page.
A few words from my friends at Build Circle
Build Circle are a software consultancy founded with a difference. Built upon a Software engineer culture that promotes engineering innovation and technical passion. We help companies achieve technical excellence from the bottom up, providing top quality software engineers backed by an unrivalled support network of engineering professionals. We excel at overcoming the technical issues faced by so many teams when working towards digital transformation. Our engineers can then help you implement agile methodologies without technical constraints being an issue.
- control vs responsibility
- maturity of the ecosystem
- vendor lock-in
And I gave my honest assessment of where I think the future is, and how I see the 2 paradigms developing.
AppSync now supports Aurora database as well as DynamoDB.
Another insightful Twitter thread from the one and only Simon Wardley.
A quick reminder by Rachel Dines on how S3 costs work.
A good Twitter thread from Alex DeBrie about Serverless framework plugins and when best to use them.
Jerry Hargrove (aka awsgeek) posted his notes on EKS!
I’m an AWS Serverless Hero and the author of Production-Ready Serverless. I have run production workload at scale in AWS for nearly 10 years and I have been an architect or principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. I currently work as an independent consultant focused on AWS and serverless.
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong