You can become a serverless blackbelt. Enrol in my course Learn you some Lambda best practice for great good! and learn best practices for performance, cost, security, resilience, observability and scalability. By the end of this course, you should be able to make informed decisions on which AWS service to use with Lambda and how to build highly scalable, resilient and cost-efficient serverless applications.
It’s been almost 2 weeks since I announced my new course “Learn you some Lambda for great good!” and the reception has been amazing with nearly 250 of you have preordered the course! I’m truly humbled by the faith all of you have shown in me.
Of course, I have been working hard myself too. So far I have dropped 2 batches of content with a total of 20 lessons, including:
- how to tune Lambda function memories for performance and cost
- understand what affects cold start performance
- how to measure and optimize Lambda initialization time
- what is Provisioned Concurrency and when to use it
- how to apply principles of least privilege to IAM policies
- essential alerts you should always have
- logging best practices
- comparing distributed tracing tools, including X-Ray, Lumigo, Epsagon and Thundra
- cost monitoring tools, including AWS Cost Explorer and CloudZero
- how not to be blindsided by peripheral Lambda costs
- how to keep the cost of CloudWatch Logs in check
I’m making good progress and are on track to release another batch of lessons on 31st Jan and then fully launch the course on 13th Feb. Please don’t hesitate to add suggestions and feedbacks so I know what you find useful and what you’d like to know more about.
If you haven’t signed up to the course yet, you can enrol here and enjoy the special price of £9.99 while I’m still working on the course.
I specialise in rapidly transitioning teams to serverless and building production-ready services on AWS.
Are you struggling with serverless or need guidance on best practices? Do you want someone to review your architecture and help you avoid costly mistakes down the line? Whatever the case, I’m here to help.
Check out my new podcast Real-World Serverless where I talk with engineers who are building amazing things with serverless technologies and discuss the real-world use cases and challenges they face. If you’re interested in what people are actually doing with serverless and what it’s really like to be working with serverless day-to-day, then this is the podcast for you.
Check out my new course, Learn you some Lambda best practice for great good! In this course, you will learn best practices for working with AWS Lambda in terms of performance, cost, security, scalability, resilience and observability. We will also cover latest features from re:Invent 2019 such as Provisioned Concurrency and Lambda Destinations. Enrol now and start learning!
Check out my video course, Complete Guide to AWS Step Functions. In this course, we’ll cover everything you need to know to use AWS Step Functions service effectively. There is something for everyone from beginners to more advanced users looking for design patterns and best practices. Enrol now and start learning!
Are you working with Serverless and looking for expert training to level-up your skills? Or are you looking for a solid foundation to start from? Look no further, register for my Production-Ready Serverless workshop to learn how to build production-grade Serverless applications!
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are wrong about serverless and vendor lock-in
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Just how expensive is the full AWS SDK?
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong
- Top 10 Serverless framework best practices