It’s been almost 2 weeks since I announced my new course “Learn you some Lambda for great good!” and the reception has been amazing with nearly 250 of you have preordered the course! I’m truly humbled by the faith all of you have shown in me.
Of course, I have been working hard myself too. So far I have dropped 2 batches of content with a total of 20 lessons, including:
- how to tune Lambda function memories for performance and cost
- understand what affects cold start performance
- how to measure and optimize Lambda initialization time
- what is Provisioned Concurrency and when to use it
- how to apply principles of least privilege to IAM policies
- essential alerts you should always have
- logging best practices
- comparing distributed tracing tools, including X-Ray, Lumigo, Epsagon and Thundra
- cost monitoring tools, including AWS Cost Explorer and CloudZero
- how not to be blindsided by peripheral Lambda costs
- how to keep the cost of CloudWatch Logs in check
I’m making good progress and are on track to release another batch of lessons on 31st Jan and then fully launch the course on 13th Feb. Please don’t hesitate to add suggestions and feedbacks so I know what you find useful and what you’d like to know more about.
If you haven’t signed up to the course yet, you can enrol here and enjoy the special price of £9.99 while I’m still working on the course.