Check out my new course Learn you some Lambda best practice for great good! and learn the best practices for performance, cost, security, resilience, observability and scalability.
As Wes Dyer put very elegantly:
Ok ok, I know that’s not an exact quote, but I’m sure this is what he intended to say in the first instance :-P
Anyhow, the IObservable<T>.Retry method has all the same features of its Repeat sister method, in that:
1. You can invoke it as extension method:
var zs = xs.Retry(3);
or as static method:
var zs = Observable.Retry(xs, 3);
2. If you don’t give it a count, it’ll retry indefinitely
3. xs.Retry(1) subscribes to xs only once, and xs.Retry(0) will not subscribe to xs at all.
Only this time, the repetition of the observable collection only happens on exception. So, if you take the illustration from the previous post and swap the colours around and you will arrive at a pretty accurate illustration of how Retry works:
I specialise in rapidly transitioning teams to serverless and building production-ready services on AWS.
Are you struggling with serverless or need guidance on best practices? Do you want someone to review your architecture and help you avoid costly mistakes down the line? Whatever the case, I’m here to help.
Check out my new course, Learn you some Lambda best practice for great good! In this course, you will learn best practices for working with AWS Lambda in terms of performance, cost, security, scalability, resilience and observability. Enrol now and enjoy a special preorder price of £9.99 (~$13).
Are you working with Serverless and looking for expert training to level-up your skills? Or are you looking for a solid foundation to start from? Look no further, register for my Production-Ready Serverless workshop to learn how to build production-grade Serverless applications!
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong