The cube, 41063625 (3453), can be permuted to produce two other cubes: 56623104 (3843) and 66430125 (4053). In fact, 41063625 is the smallest cube which has exactly three permutations of its digits which are also cube.
Find the smallest cube for which exactly five permutations of its digits are cube.
open System let cubeRoot (n:int64) = Math.Pow(double(n), 1.0/3.0) // define function to investigate the numbers of d digits which are cubes let f d = // find the min & max number whose cube is d digits long let min, max = int64(cubeRoot (pown 10L d)), int64(cubeRoot (pown 10L (d+1))) // and look for groups of 5 numbers which are cubes and permutations of one another [min..max] |> List.map (fun n -> pown n 3) |> Seq.groupBy (fun n -> n.ToString().ToCharArray() |> Array.sort) |> Seq.filter (fun (k, l) -> l |> Seq.length = 5) let answer = // go through the numbers of a given number of digits and find the first set of groups // of 5 numbers which are cubes and permutations of one another let groups = Seq.unfold (fun state -> Some(state, state+1)) 7 |> Seq.map f |> Seq.filter (fun l -> Seq.length l > 0) |> Seq.head // find the smallest elements in the groups groups |> Seq.map (fun (k, l) -> l |> Seq.min) |> Seq.min
I specialise in rapidly transitioning teams to serverless and building production-ready services on AWS.
Are you struggling with serverless or need guidance on best practices? Do you want someone to review your architecture and help you avoid costly mistakes down the line? Whatever the case, I’m here to help.
Check out my new course, Complete Guide to AWS Step Functions. In this course, we’ll cover everything you need to know to use AWS Step Functions service effectively. Including basic concepts, HTTP and event triggers, activities, callbacks, nested workflows, design patterns and best practices.
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong