Some time ago I put together a small BERT serializer and BERT-RPC client for .Net called Filbert (which is another name for Hazelnut, that has the word bert and the letter F and at the time every F# library has a leading F in its name!).
As an experimental project admittedly I hadn’t given too much thought to performance, and as you can see from below, the numbers don’t make for a flattering reading even against the BCL’s binary formatter!
I finally found some time to take a stab at improving the dreadful deserialization speed and with a couple of small changes I was able to halve the deserialization time for a very simple benchmark for a simple object, and there are still a couple of low hanging fruits that can improve things further.
The new version is up on Nuget so feel free to play around with it, and do let me know if you have any feedbacks and raise any issues or bugs on the Issues page for the project.
2 thoughts on “Filbert v0.2.0 – performance improvement on decoding”
Pingback: F# Weekly #2, 2014 | Sergey Tihon's Blog
Pingback: Year in Review, 2014 | theburningmonk.com