I love this part of the year, there are great conferences happening between now and Feb, and I’m honoured to have been accepted as speaker to some of these amazing events.
Code Mesh (London) Nov 4th-5th
Build Stuff (Vilnius) Nov 19th-21st
I’ll be talking about how we used Neo4j to model the in-game economy of our MMORPG title Here Be Monsters, and how it enabled our small team of game designers to automate the otherwise difficult and laborious task of balancing the game.
p.s. the good folks at Build Stuff has also generously offered a 10% discount if you purchase ticket with the discount code CUI.
NDC London Dec 1st-5th
I’ll be talking about My Adventure with Elm so far, including how to use its time-travelling debugger to create web-based games and sites.
Code Mash (Sandusky, Ohio) Jan 6th-9th
I’ll be talking about both Neo4j (Modelling Complex game economy with Neo4j) and F# in Social Gaming – use of F# in the Gamesys Social backend team which supports around a million daily active users.
So many great conferences to look forward to in the next few months, so many great people to learn from! I hope you are as excited as I am and hope to catch you at the conferences!
I’m an AWS Serverless Hero and the author of Production-Ready Serverless. I have run production workload at scale in AWS for nearly 10 years and I have been an architect or principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. I currently work as an independent consultant focused on AWS and serverless.
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong