As I mentioned several weeks ago, OSCON is coming to Europe for the first time ever and will be held in Amsterdam on 26th and 27th of October.
Some pretty cool tech companies will be there – GitHub, DataStax, Google, ThoughtWorks, PayPal, Heroku and Spotify to name a few! I will be talking about “Modelling Game Economy with Neo4j” there. And as a build-up to the main conference I’ll also be doing a webcast on Elm on Sep 15th.
The good folks at O’Reilly has been very kind to offer a FREE ticket to OSCON (worth €855 + 21% VAT) to one lucky reader of this blog!
To enter, just submit a comment below and tell us what is your favourite open source project. I’ll pick a random commenter as the winner in about two weeks time and announce it on this blog.
To get things started, my favourite open source project at the moment is a tie between Paket and FAKE, many thanks to Steffen for starting both projects!
Enjoy what you’re reading? Subscribe to my newsletter and get more content on AWS and serverless technologies delivered straight to your inbox.
I’m an AWS Serverless Hero and the author of Production-Ready Serverless. I have run production workload at scale in AWS for nearly 10 years and I have been an architect or principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. I currently work as an independent consultant focused on AWS and serverless.
In this course, we’ll cover everything you need to know to use AWS Step Functions service effectively. Including basic concepts, HTTP and event triggers, activities, design patterns and best practices.
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong