Check out my new course Learn you some Lambda best practice for great good! and learn the best practices for performance, cost, security, resilience, observability and scalability.
I’m absolutely thrilled to tell you about an exciting new feature for the lumigo-cli, the ability to analyze Lambda cold starts. With the new analyze-lambda-cold-starts command, you can analyze cold starts for:
- all functions in all regions
- all functions in a single region
- a single function
You can specify how far back you want the analysis to go. Defaulting at the last hour, you can go as far back as there are relevant log data in CloudWatch Logs. But please keep in mind that there is a cost involved with scanning large quantities of log data – roughly $0.005 per GB of data scanned.
Furthermore, you can also power-tune Lambda functions using the new “balanced” strategy, which finds the memory size setting that gives you the best balance between speed and cost.
I hope you will have lots of fun with these two new features. If you have any feature requests or run into any bugs, please don’t hesitate to let me know.
p.s. you can now report bugs using the lumigo-cli itself:
I specialise in rapidly transitioning teams to serverless and building production-ready services on AWS.
Are you struggling with serverless or need guidance on best practices? Do you want someone to review your architecture and help you avoid costly mistakes down the line? Whatever the case, I’m here to help.
Check out my new course, Learn you some Lambda best practice for great good! In this course, you will learn best practices for working with AWS Lambda in terms of performance, cost, security, scalability, resilience and observability. Enrol now and enjoy a special preorder price of £9.99 (~$13).
Are you working with Serverless and looking for expert training to level-up your skills? Or are you looking for a solid foundation to start from? Look no further, register for my Production-Ready Serverless workshop to learn how to build production-grade Serverless applications!
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong