Hi, welcome to another weekly update!
Real-World Serverless podcast
Since the last update, we have had quite a few new episodes, covering a wide range of topics:
- #41: The future of JVM on Lambda with Vadym Kazulkin
- #42: Real-World Serverless with Ant Stanley (part 1)
- #43: Real-World Serverless with Ant Stanley (part 2)
- #44: Real-World Serverless with Ryan Jones
- #45: Real-World Serverless with Nick van Hoof
- #46: Serverless at Polestar with Anders Quist
- #47: Building an Instagram for DJs with FaunaDB with Keston Crandall
- #48: Serverless at scale at Prosieben TV with Daniele Frasca
AppSync Masterclass update
After a bit of delay, we have resumed production on the AppSync Masterclass and have released several hours worth of new lessons recently, covering both the frontend and backend! And many more are coming soon.
In the new batch of backend lessons, we will implement search, hash tags and direct messages and introduce concepts such as:
- managing secrets with SSM Parameter Store
- using Algolia fo implement search features
- GraphQL subscriptions
- using batchInvoke to reduce the no. of Lambda invocations
- AppSync caching
- 2-way paginations
Go to appsyncmasterclass.com to check out the curriculum and sign up to a free preview.
Why your next Serverless project should use AWS AppSync
I ran a webinar with Lumigo on AppSync and GraphQL and why they have become my favourite (and default) stack nowadays.
If you’re still on the fence then I hope this will firmly bring you over to the dark side ;-)
GraphQL for serverless
I joined Marcia Villalba on her YouTube channel to talk about GraphQL, serverless amongst other things.
Catch our conversation here.
ServerlessChats: #86: AWS re:Invent 2020 Heroes re:Cap
Thanks to Jeremy Daly for getting a bunch of AWS heroes together to talk about the biggest serverless-related announcements at re:Invent.
It was a blast seeing everyone together, albeit virtually, and talk about everything that got announced at re:Invent 2020.
You can catch the episode here.
CTO Roundtable #7: impact of going cloud native
I took part in a panel discussion on the impact (and benefit) of going cloud native and how they can scale your business.
Watch the discussion here.
Automate serverless tasks with the Lumigo CLI
I ran a webinar with Lumigo and showed off the Lumigo CLI and many of the things you can accomplish with it, for example:
- tail EventBridge/Kinesis/DynamoDB/SNS/SQS
- replay DLQ messages from SQS to SNS/SQS/Kinesis
- powertune Lambda function
- analyze Lambda cold starts
See the Lumigo CLI in action here.
My Production-Ready Serverless workshop is coming back in April in both instructor-led and self-paced format.
This workshop teaches you everything you need to know about building and running serverless applications in production, and covers topics such as:
- testing strategies
- security best practices
- event-driven architectures
- and many more!
You can find more information about the workshop and a 15% discount code here.
Hope to see you there!