In the coming months, I will also be running public workshops at various conferences and user groups:
- AWS User Group 17th Oct @ The Telegraph, London (sold out)
- CodeMesh 7th Nov @ Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt, London (tickets still available)
- BuildStuff 18th Nov @ Radisson Blu Lietuva, Vilnius (tickets still available)
- DevTernity 1st Dec @ National Library of Latvia, Riga (sold out)
Tickets are selling out fast, so grab them while you still can!
If you’re interested in having me run the workshop in your company or to host it at your conference/event then you can find out more about the workshop here, or to get in touch with me via the contact page.
Like what you’re reading but want more help? I’m happy to offer my services as an independent consultant and help you with your serverless project — architecture reviews, code reviews, building proof-of-concepts, or offer advice on leading practices and tools.
I’m based in London, UK and currently the only UK-based AWS Serverless Hero. I have nearly 10 years of experience with running production workloads in AWS at scale. I operate predominantly in the UK but I’m open to travelling for engagements that are longer than a week. To see how we might be able to work together, tell me more about the problems you are trying to solve here.
I can also run an in-house workshops to help you get production-ready with your serverless architecture. You can find out more about the two-day workshop here, which takes you from the basics of AWS Lambda all the way through to common operational patterns for log aggregation, distribution tracing and security best practices.
If you prefer to study at your own pace, then you can also find all the same content of the workshop as a video course I have produced for Manning. We will cover topics including:
- authentication & authorization with API Gateway & Cognito
- testing & running functions locally
- log aggregation
- monitoring best practices
- distributed tracing with X-Ray
- tracking correlation IDs
- performance & cost optimization
- error handling
- config management
- canary deployment
- leading practices for Lambda, Kinesis, and API Gateway
You can also get 40% off the face price with the code ytcui. Hurry though, this discount is only available while we’re in Manning’s Early Access Program (MEAP).