Time flies when you’re having fun, and we’re already into the second half of 2015!
On a personal level, it’s been a great 6 months, I have spoken at 10 conferences in as many cities and as you read this post I’m at Polyconf in Poznan!
The great thing about being at so many conferences is that you get to learn so much from others. I’ve gotten into the habit of writing up a summary of what I learnt from these conferences (where time permits of course).
If you missed them here are my takeaways from the conferences from 2015 so far.
You can find the recording of all the talks by room here:
You can find recording of the other talks here, the list is incomplete yet as InfoQ releases only one video a week.
Joy of Coding
Functional Programing eXchange
You can find recording of the talks here.
For the second half of the year, I’ll exercise better restraint and limit my appearance at conferences (I have all but exhausted my vacation days this year already…).
But, that said, I’m signed up to a few more conference yet:
Enjoy what you’re reading? Subscribe to my newsletter and get more content on AWS and serverless technologies delivered straight to your inbox.
I’m an AWS Serverless Hero and the author of Production-Ready Serverless. I have run production workload at scale in AWS for nearly 10 years and I have been an architect or principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. I currently work as an independent consultant focused on AWS and serverless.
In this course, we’ll cover everything you need to know to use AWS Step Functions service effectively. Including basic concepts, HTTP and event triggers, activities, design patterns and best practices.
Here is a complete list of all my posts on serverless and AWS Lambda. In the meantime, here are a few of my most popular blog posts.
- Lambda optimization tip – enable HTTP keep-alive
- You are thinking about serverless costs all wrong
- Many faced threats to Serverless security
- We can do better than percentile latencies
- I’m afraid you’re thinking about AWS Lambda cold starts all wrong
- Yubl’s road to Serverless
- AWS Lambda – should you have few monolithic functions or many single-purposed functions?
- AWS Lambda – compare coldstart time with different languages, memory and code sizes
- Guys, we’re doing pagination wrong