As 2014 dawns upon us, here’s a quick look back at what I got up to in 2013.
I went to some conferences and gave some talks.
- F# in Social Gaming at CodeMesh 13
- F# in the Cloud and at Scale at F# in Finance 13
- BigQuery in Social Gaming at Google Cloud Platform Roadshow London
I went on .Net Rocks to talk about building games in F#.
I went on Mostly Erlang with Bryan Hunter and Phil Trelford.
I did a show with Community for F#.
I co-authored a white paper for InfoQ.
I worked on some projects.
- S3 type provider for F#
- stream_ext, port of some Rx combinators to Dart
- FSharp.Markdown.Pdf, formats markdown to PDF
- DynamoDB.SQL, SQL-like DSL for performing query and scan operations in Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon.SimpleWorkflow.Extensions, DSL to simplify usage patterns of Amazon SimpleWorkflow service
I learnt Dart and made some mini-games with Dart and StageXL.
- Run Taotie Run
- Whack A Meng
- Agent of P.R.I.S.M (winning entry at London Global GameCraft)
- Dart – implementing the singleton pattern with factory constructors
I also spent some time learning Clojure.
I briefly rekindled my interest in Project Euler.
And finally, here are my top 10 posts in 2013.
- Here Be Monsters – hello, Neo4j
- F# – XmlSerializer, Record types and [CLIMutable]
- stream_ext – bringing more Rx API to Dart
- F# – PDF fun with Markdown and FSharp.Formatting
- Clojure – multi-arity and variadic functions
- Making Amazon SimpleWorkflow simple to work with
- Amazon ELB – some caveats around health check pings
- AOP – string interning with PostSharp
- LINQ OrderBy – using Comparer<T>.Create and F#’s object expression
- Be lazy, but beware of initialization exception
Subscribe to my newsletter and get new contents delivered straight to your inbox :-)